Can you think of anything better than starting a crisp fall morning off with a slice of pumpkin spice cake?
We can: pumpkin spice cake with rich, creamy, gut-nourishing Kion Colostrum frosting.
Our twist on this fall classic will satisfy your pumpkin spice craving—while simultaneously supporting immunity, gut health, recovery, and more.
This recipe makes one 8" or 9" cake. To make layer cake, double pumpkin spice cake and frosting recipes.
Pumpkin Spice Cake Ingredients
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
Pumpkin Spice Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8″ or 9×9″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Whisk almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Spoon dry into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and level.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Kion Colostrum
- 2 cups tapioca powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Stevia to taste
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add tapioca, vanilla, and stevia to desired level of sweetness. Beat until creamy.